Date with a cockroach

DATE WITH A COCKROACH
It happens on a Sundays. I am engrossed in autobiographies, digging deep into peoples lives and my sister is flipping through the headlines of the newspaper when there comes a shriek, which gives me goose bumps!
“Come quickleeeee!!Shouts a trembling voice. We rush to the aid of my sister, source of above mentioned shriek. Jumping onto her bed in he room, she sees us, points at the door quivering with fear. We see the creature of her nightmares, next to the door .a cockroach! Smaller than the tip of her finger.
My sister has a love hate relationship with the cockroach. And her encounter had different turns and twists. She tried to chase it away from the room. The speed was difficult to match.P.T usha was honorably remembered.
Out of sight is out of mind, I thought, till I saw the devil advancing towards her.
Bache ki jaan loge kya’? though the pesky pest raised its antenna to frighten her more,she braved the danger for ten seconds before calling for help.It was left on the brother to sort out.might is right .The pesky creature flew and sat on the wall facing the mirror.I was getting two images of it,driven by the dilemma which one should be caught?She screamed to me ,see theres a female cockroach in my room!How are you so sure about the gender?Quite obvious!It is sitiing on the mirror.The cockroach……started fluttering its wings to convey the moments were cheerful.
The nobler part in me forbid from killing,and the thought of crushing them under the feet made me feel like a butcher.She has developed a phobia of reptiles…
And hates to……feels they operate like crime syndicate.
Having there been for quite some time,it flew out leaving her puffing and panting.I wanted to tease her mercilessly,but I cannot because I need her to protect me from my greatest fear.lizards!

Comments

Gargi Arora said…
very interesting date
Shalini Gupta said…
Brillisnt write up yar...quite interesting and imaginative....keep writing more write ups like this....will be waiting to read more....t c

Popular Posts