Embracing change.

 





As I made myself the morning tea,I had this thought,I can try a new combination.Why always rusks? Let me enjoy Parle-G biscuits today. And I did it.

Comfort shells are important but dangerous as well.It is not possible to create a new space,the new energy, the new us...till the time we don't allow ourselves the new, the unknown.At times it is the smallest of things that we embrace that support our bigger goals.Rather than sitting on the chair, I chose to spend my last year 2023 winter morning in bed.The incense,the lamplight, the blank page, the joy of the hair mask,the new pen, and NO resolutions for 2024.

A friend asked me,what was this year like for you, Gargi? I reflected..Creating a lot of new physical and mental space, tidying up, cleaning, cleansing, physically, mentally, emotionally.I just won't stop. Stuff, clothes, shoes, expectations,desires.Less is more.Incredible though it may sound, letting go is like a chain reaction.All this for the love of the self.

Once you start,it's very difficult to stop. The more quietly you do it, the more meaningful it becomes. It is about you. It is you.

Be silent.Close your eyes. Look inwards as deeply as possible.Thoughts attack.Key is in your hand.Chal-chal-agge chal.Deep breath.

At the end of it, you are the one.

Comments

Sonakshi said…
Truly there is lot more that has happened and should move forward by accepting and letting go and also by accepting yourself as powerful😊
Gwyneth said…
I loved reading that. It reminds me that every now and again, I am going to get rid of as many pieces of clothing that I can. But then I balk. Maybe now is the time , to grab that bag and start emptying the cupboards and drawers. Unclutering my cupboards will unclutter my mind amnd unclutter my spiritual growth..

Popular Posts